Develop leading battery technology for car OEM’s
Our client is a global product leader in powertrain solutions for leading Automotive OEM’s. The facilities are located across the globe to provide local support for the diverse customer base.
Since 2019 the company started a Joint Venture with the leading US battery manufacturer located in Los Angeles to provide battery technology to their Automotive clients.
You join a fast growing company of independent thinkers who share a passion for the latest vehicle and battery technology, enjoy working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, and desire to play a key role in transforming the transportation landscape.
Our client offers their talented group of employees meaningful work, amazing technologies, world-class facilities and a culture that respects diversity and rewards excellence. It’s an atmosphere that fosters personal growth and allows you to propel your career to the next level.
The Battery Systems Applications Engineer will focus on creating the technical bridge between the customers in Europe, and the engineering development teams in Los Angeles from their Joint Venture Partner, to develop state of the art Electric Vehicle Battery Systems.
The Battery Systems Applications Engineer supports the whole process from customer feedback into design or re-design, development, tests, and implementation of customer specific battery solutions.
Meaning, the ideal candidate is involved throughout the whole product development cycle. A unique opportunity! The Battery Application Engineer also supports (from a technical perspective) the introduction the future EV battery product lines to new customers in Europe.
Work in an international environment
The applications engineer will report directly to the Chief Engineer. Since the role is based in Europe, multiple trips to the engineering base in Los Angeles are expected for understanding the product, the engineering teams to work on the development roadmap together.
What are you going to do
- Technically lead the evaluation of feasibility and technical inputs of EV opportunities with major European German, French and Italian car manufacturers
- Drive the technical review of customer RFQs along-side the Technical Sales process
- Accountable for delivery of technical inputs required for customer-facing requests
- Provide professional, cognizant technical expertise of the company’s battery systems in customer discussions
- Generate risk assessments of all incoming opportunities (when they differ from standards)
- Gather requirements for new opportunities and support transition to product group
- Prepare regular reports on market needs and competitor technologies
- Attend trade shows and workshops to develop and maintain a strong foothold in the European Battery Market
- You become our client’s technical voice, representing the customer’s technical interests at all internal meetings
- Support on a regular basis meetings between clients and internal management for engagements and products reviews
- Support the marketing and sales team in generating technical material for product introductions and demonstrations
- Master’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in customer-facing roles, in the field of Lithium Ion Battery Systems
- Deep understanding of lithium-ion battery technology behaviour, system integration, module and pack design, in addition to general understanding of battery management system algorithms.
- Background in Automotive and (preferably) Electric Vehicle Industry
- Deep understanding of High Voltage Battery Systems for Electric Vehicles
- Customer lifecycle management
- Previous experience in presenting technical solutions to customers
- Fluent in Italian and English (written and verbally)
Related competences and capabilities
- Experienced in working with European car OEMs on the development of related battery products
- Understanding of Battery System homologation requirements, standards, compliance testing, and qualification
- Proven leadership capability of both teams and customers
- Analytical problem solving, critical thinking, and hands-on approach
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills
- Solid understanding of the multi-disciplinary management of technical information and gathering this information from technical sources to be relayed in a simple manner
- Initiative taker, eager to break new ground, create opportunities for the team
- Ability to work effectively with people cross-functional in an international environment
- Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and written
Who are you…
- A true team player, collaborative mindset
- Strong in setting priorities and planning
- Results count at the end of the day
- Practically driven, doer
- You love to work in a cross cultural environment
- Process Management
- Organizational Agility
- Ethics and values are important to you
- Open and friendly, no ego
- Decisionmaker who dares to take ownership
- Problem solving skills
Apply directly or contact for more information Robel Kidanemariam via +31 6 49689079 / email@example.com.