Medior (4 – 7 years)
Our client is one of Europe’s leading electrical engineering companies. The company works for leading car OEM’s, EV Charging Infrastructure OEM’s, Semi-Conductor manufacturers and research organizations worldwide. The activities vary from electrical testing to full stack design for all type of applications. The company develops, manufactures and sells highly specialized measuring systems for piezoelectric materials which are used to manufacture MEMS, actuators and sensors.
Leading developers in EV Charging since 2014
The company has been founded since 1999 and is situated in Aachen. Our client is already active in the electric mobility space since 2014. So far, they designed, developed and manufactured the controllers to operate thousands of charging stations across Europe. The company is currently rapidly growing from start-up to scale-up.
Skilled and dedicated team
Most important drivers why employees chose to work for our client are: highly skilled and professional colleagues, freedom and responsibility, warm family of engineers, transparent and open communication, great customers and challenging assignment to work on. This results in a dynamic, committed, warm, results driven and energetic working environment.
Electric Mobility has become one of our client’s most important industries to focus on. For that reason, they are looking to expand the team with an EV Charging Electronics Engineer to strengthen the EV Charging Infrastructure Development Team.
What you are going to do
- You will design and develop the embedded controllers for EV charging products.
- You will be responsible to drive key aspects of product definition, design, optimisation, implementation, and testing.
- Create detailed engineering work plans and requirement specifications.
- Design schematics and layout for PCB, perform necessary simulation and preparation of manufacturing.
- Develop microcontroller-based circuits and perform firmware programming in C/C++ language.
- Design documentation, technical reports and presentation as required.
Profile ideal candidate
The best candidate will have the following competences and background
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in Electronic or Electrical Engineering.
- Familiar with oscilloscope and other lab equipment.
- Strong design skills and tools for schematic capture and board layout and simulation.
- Strong firmware development experience using C or C++.
- Proficiency in Solidworks
- At least 5 years relevant working experience
- Preferably 3 years’ experience in Hardware Design
- Familiar with PCB, continuous integration, and version control (Git).
- Experience in design or implementation of industrial control systems
- Strong experience as an Electronics Engineer designing circuitry on printed circuit board assemblies
- Proven experience with designing for manufacturing is plus
- Fluent in German
- Good and professional command of English language (written and spoken). Level B1
Personality / character / capabilities
- You take responsibility & are results driven
- Strong analytical skills, punctual, eye for detail
- You show initiative and have a problem-solving attitude.
- Team player mentality, open & transparent
- Doer, pragmatic & flexible
- High learning agility
- You always go the extra mile for the best result
- An open and flexible mindset
The best candidate preferably lives in the surrounding (1 hour drive) from Aachen.
Salary varies from 45k and 60k depending upon experience.