Start: Q1 /2024
Location: Germany, remote working availability
Recruitment Partner: Robin Kamphuis, email@example.com / +31 6 37556759
Building a pan-European Charging network
Our client has been founded in 2017 and currently operates 17.000+ charge points (80% AC + 20% DC) throughout Europe. This integrated charging service provider offers both CPO and eMSP services to governments, B2B customers and end-users.
By 2021, the company has been acquired by a major oil & gas company that operates in the energy sector by bringing together, through innovative management of digital flows, the field of energy with e-mobility. This frontrunner in smart energy solutions operates throughout 9 European countries, providing more than 10 million consumers throughout the continent with energy-related services. E-Mobility has become one of the key pillars of their strategy.
For that reason, this Charge Point Operator & eMSP secured an investment of hundreds of millions by their mother company for the installation of 30.000 mainly DC (HPC) chargers throughout Europe towards 2030.
Introduction role Head of Rollout Germany
Our client is looking for a Head of Rollout to coordinate the deployment and operations of the charging network project in Germany.
It will be your job to oversee each phase of the project starting from the permitting process, the design approval, installation phase until the commissioning, operation and support of the new units in the charging network.
Furthermore, you conduct quantitative and qualitative research in order to install the DC / HPC solutions properly aligned with the rollout plan. Last, in the role you manage continuous improvement activities around to optimize the delivery process.
In this role, you report directly to the General Manager Rollout Europe.
Key objectives for this role
- Ensure project milestones and objectives are achieved in accordance with timeline and budget. Reporting on key project milestones and outcomes following the process identified and proposed by our client, ensuring designated projects and programs are successfully executed
- Oversee each phase of the project with the selected supplier starting from the permitting process. Coordinate daily activities about design, installation and commissioning. Interacting with contractors and/or suppliers’ teams on the field by giving them all the necessary remote support to allow them to complete the task and solve any potential issues
- Process implementation ensuring continuous improvement and provide input on strategies and policies. In relation to design, installation and commissioning of charging infrastructures and ensure that standards, laws, norms and directives are applied properly
Related activities to make this happen
- Project contract administration, including support for RFPs, design reviews, approvals as well as costs management
- Manage relationships with EV Charging Manufacturers and /or contractors regarding the opening of complaints, requests for clarification and development opportunities
- Review and adjust technical drawings
- Visit partners, customers, and installers at the installation for site inspection and the commissioning process
- Surveil the overall performance and service level fulfilment of the partners / suppliers
- Report monthly on engineering and installation activities
- Review quotes, issue purchase orders and cost optimization
- Support the Engineering Manager and Head of Project Management during the engineering and installations budget review
Your background and skillset
- At least a Bachelor degree in Civil, Electrical or Mechanical, Engineering or in equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in managing delivery projects in the electrical technical field with preferably 2 years of experience in managing DC Projects.
- Proven experience in reviewing and adapting technical drawings, understanding of electrotechnical drawings is a plus
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
- Develop and leverage exceptional problem-solving skills to identify/address key issues
- Goal-oriented approach, analytical, factual and able to translate plans into action
- Fluent command of the German Language, professional command of the English Language
Personality and drivers
- Problem-solving skillset and ‘can do’ mentality
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills. Hence you are cooperative, honest and a true team player
- Approaches work in a pragmatic, focused, and structured manner
- Proactive and autonomous, you take responsibility
- Focused on building long-term relationships
What’s in for you?
- Join one of the top 3 largest pan-European HPC corridor players and become part of a huge adventure. Powered by a huge reliable frontrunner in renewable energy solutions, the company ready to you undertake this next step with you
- Grow your career and further develop your skillset. Our client offers great learning and development opportunities.
- An attractive and entitled remuneration package
- Remote working and as a flexible workplace solution
- And…. (of course) an electric company car is included