Salary up to € 120.000,- (OTE), based on experience + option package
Based: preferably UK or remotely located in Northern Europe
Ahead in e-Mobility Charging Software
This well-known London based EV Charging Solutions start-up is currently expanding the team. As one of the leading founders of the ISO 15118 protocol, this electric vehicle (EV) frontrunner now focuses its energy on developing both embedded and cloud-based software solutions. Our client supports the thriving e-mobility industry through innovative B2B software solutions for manufacturers and operators of EV charging stations.
Our client offers premier technology and is recognized as the knowledge provider for the EV charging industry. Their mission is to accelerate EV adoption worldwide by making charging your EV an easy, seamless and secure experience.
About the team
You’ll be working directly with the founder and the amazing team of bright, dedicated, and inspiring doers with a can-do mentality who are passioned to accelerate e-mobility. Our client offers you a hybrid setting of home office and the newly established headquarters in London. This dynamic, diverse and energetic start-up location (cinema, bar, event space, sports) makes ideas and dreams come true (once the COVID-19 allows for it).
About the role
Given the fact that this frontrunner in e-mobility is growing rapidly on a global level, the time has come to speed up geographically and scale across several markets and regions, starting with Europe. For that reason, the company is looking for a Sales Director with strong strategic / consultative selling capabilities to increase our client’s portfolio across the continent.
The ideal candidate effectively distils relevant business opportunities and guides the company to new successes. Based on your previous experience in the EV charging landscape you work in close collaboration with the CEO to further develop the go-to-market approach, propositions, and pricing strategy per targeted market.
Supported by our client’s team you drive commercial success from generating leads to the onboarding phase. You will directly report to the CEO of the company. The ideal candidate has a background in the EV charging ecosystem already and a good understanding of selling (EV) SaaS solutions.
What are you going to do?
- Based on your strong background and deep knowledge of the European EV charging landscape you develop an effective go-to-market plan for the years to come
- Along with the CEO, you will work on the propositions and pricing strategies
- Expand our client’s position across Europe by closing new contracts with Charge Point Operator (CPOs), Charge Point Manufacturers, Utilities & Energy Companies, Automotive players, and Leasing & Fleet companies to build a significant position in the European charging software solutions market towards 2025
- Increase our client’s visibility in the target markets and geographies. Conduct presentations, visit networking events, venues and congresses
- You generate quotes and know how to manage and win RFP and RFQ processes
- You actively, accurately, and continuously manage your sales funnel based on new and changing developments
- After closing, you ensure activating the clients and their further development by making sure their needs and level of satisfaction are constantly monitored
- Whenever appropriate, you’ll further engage the client by upselling new services
- You develop commercial presentations and other marketing material based on the local needs
- You effectively manage the onboarding process along with the Onboarding and Development Team
About your background
The ideal candidate will have the following business experience and network:
- You already built up and maintained a strong and active network with CPO’s, Charge Point Manufacturers, Energy Companies & Utilities, Automotive and Fleet operators
- 3 years or more active in the European EV charging domain. He or she preferably knows what it takes to develop, sell, operate, and service charging solutions
- Understanding of the European market and competitor field. Hence, the ideal candidate has a good sense for the different regional EV (charging) solutions needed
- Understanding and experience in selling SaaS solutions
- Up-to-date understanding of the European EV charging market and a strong vision what the key requirements/needs of future propositions are and whom to partner with
- Understanding of charging software platforms is a big bonus
Competences and Capabilities
- Strong C-level business development capabilities are required and the ability to cope with all types of stakeholders. You are focused on building long-lasting relationships
- Experience in selling charging software solutions to CPO’s, Charge Point Manufacturers, Energy Companies & Utilities, Automotive, Fleet and large (international) corporates
- At least 5 years of experience in consultative and strategic selling (preferably SaaS solutions). Proven and progressive track record
- You are a true Sales Professional with strong closing skills, a go-getter who leads by example by acquiring large contracts
- Ability to adapt to change, knows what it takes to move from start-up to scale-up
- Capability to understand the technical basics of a SaaS solution
- Great management and organizational skills
- Self-starter who already showed true entrepreneurship in previous roles. A person who is able to create something out of nothing. From strategic mindset to a hands-on mentality
- You have an energetic personality, showing natural leadership and balance in your personal life
- Great presenter and representative on venues, congresses, but also feels comfortable in board rooms across Europe
- Financial and business acumen to calculate and present valuable long-term business propositions
Personality / character
- Outgoing personality
- Creative challenger who always seeks for new opportunities and openings
- Practically driven, doer. You dream about tomorrow, but you focus on today
- Transparent decision maker and open communicator
- A person who is able to adapt to people and complex circumstances without losing focus and track
- Easy going, open personality
- You leave your ego at home
- High learning agility
You have an excellent command of the English language (verbal and written C1/C2).
- Join a highly skilled team of professionals in the EV charging space
- Great opportunity to develop your further commercial and leadership skillset
- Work with respected leading European and global clients
- Flexible working hours and of course remotely
- You work at one of the coolest start-up locations in London
- Or you can work remotely from the European mainland (i.e. FR, DE, NL, BE)
- Competitive base salary (up to € 100.000) + bonus + option package
For more information regarding this exciting e-mobility job feel free to reach out to Paul Jan Jacobs directly via firstname.lastname@example.org or +31 6 48 27 83 44.