£80.000 + option package
Located: United Kingdom, London
Ahead in e-Mobility Charging Software
This well-known London based start-up is currently expanding the team. As one of the leading founders of the 15118 protocol, this EV frontrunner now focuses its energy on developing both embedded and cloud-based software solutions.
Our client supports the thriving e-mobility industry through innovative B2B software solutions for manufacturers and operators of electric vehicle (EV) charging stations. Their bigger mission in life is to guarantee a seamless, interoperable, and secure EV charging experience to a global audience.
About the team
You’ll be working directly with the founder and the amazing team of bright, dedicated and inspiring doers with a can-do mentality who are passioned to accelerate e-Mobility. Our client offers you a hybrid setting of home office and the newly established headquarters in London. This dynamic, diverse and energetic start-up location (cinema, bar, event space, sports) makes ideas and dreams come true (once the COVID-19 allows for it).
What are you going to do?
- Collaborate with the hardware development team from a partnering company and our clients who develop charging communication controllers and charging stations
- Lead the team of software engineers
- Work closely with our frontend software engineers and UX/Ui designers
- Write modular and maintainable Python code that runs on both resource-limited platforms (embedded Linux with e.g. ARM processors) and a server platform running in the cloud
- Implement the OCPP 2.0.1 protocol and its successor versions (Python)
- Implement roaming protocols like OCPI and OICP (Python)
About your skillset and background
- Extensive experience in programming with Python 3
- Experience working with an OCPP protocol like OCPP 1.6J or OCPP 2.0.1 is a big bonus
- Experience working with NoSQL databases like MongoDB
- A strong focus on writing quality code that is:
- Crafted to be simple to understand, maintain, and change
- Reliable and performant, i.e. well tested across different devices
- Self-explanatory where possible, well-documented where needed
- Build CI/CD pipelines with GitLab to establish and guarantee high SLAs for a product suite that runs reliably 24/7
- Extensive experience in deploying your cloud stack to e.g. Google Cloud or AWS
- Experience working with and designing RESTful APIs, GraphQL, and MQTT message brokers
- Proven track record of leading a team of software engineers with strong communication skills, an entrepreneurial spirit, and a positive can-do attitude
About you as a person
- Easy going, open personality
- You leave your ego at home
- High learning agility
- Competitive Salary (up to £80.000) + option package
- Join a highly skilled team of developers in the EV Charging space
- Work on stunning solutions along with respected leading global clients
- Be an important driver behind the agile team of developers
- Flexible working hours and of course remotely
- You work at one of the coolest start-up locations in London
- Because you are on a bigger mission in life.
If you’re the type of person who enjoys learning, working in a dynamic start-up, sharing knowledge, with a thirst for creating (and explaining) technical concepts, we definitely like to know you better.
For more information regarding this exiting e-Mobilty job feel free to reach out to Robel Kidanemariam via +31 6 49689079 / firstname.lastname@example.org.